How To Dye Your Hair
The art of how to dye your hair is a popular trend. Women know that one of the easiest and fastest ways to improve their look is to change their hair color. Visiting a salon is expensive so learning how to dye your hair will save you time and money.
Hair color companies have worked hard to discover new formulas that are natural-looking and gentle on the hair.
Dyeing your own hair isn’t difficult. Just keep practicing and you will feel like a professional in a short amount of time. Choosing the hair color that is right for you is important. Professionals recommend choosing a hair color that is one to two shades lighter or darker than your natural hair color. If you’re not positive about the color, you should consider temporary or semi-permanent hair dye.
Types of Hair Dye
There are three types of hair dyes. Temporary, semi-permanent or permanent. Temporary hair dye will stay on until you shampoo your hair. Semi-permanent will last, on average, until the eighth or ninth shampoo. Permanent hair dyes stay on until the color grows out, or you decide to color it again.
When shopping for your hair dye, read the details on the box carefully to see if the dye is temporary, semi-permanent or permanent. Choose the desired hair color and hair dye type that you are comfortable with.
There are many choices when it comes to choosing hair dye. The most popular brands are Clairol, Revlon and L’Oreal. These companies have spent years improving their products. If applied properly, you can have natural-looking hair color that looks like you just stepped out of a professional salon.
Clairol has everything you could want in a hair dye. Do you want to experiment with a color first? Look no further than Clairol’s Natural Instincts. This temporary formula will last through 28 shampoos. If you’re sure about the color you want, Clairol’s Nice and Easy permanent hair color is easy to apply.
Revlon has several great hair dye options available. You can choose from salon-quality highlights or permanent hair color that leaves your hair in better condition.
L’Oreal has hair dye choices that include Superior Preference. This hair dye prevents fade-out for up to eight weeks. The L’Oreal product line includes haircare products formulated for color-treated hair.
How To Dye Your Hair
Here is the process you should follow in order to dye your hair:
- Read the manufacturers directions several times until you are sure you understand the steps involved.
- Start with the strand test. Follow the directions to make sure you are not allergic to any chemicals and you can preview the color.
- Gather the recommended items.
- Part your hair in four equal sections. Starting with the roots first, apply the dye to each section, making sure to saturate each section equally.
- Set the timer for the manufacturers suggested time.
- When the timer goes off, add a little water and massage hair gently. Rinse hair until the water runs clear.
- Some hair dye packages include a conditioner. Apply the conditioner to your hair and wait two or three minutes. Rinse again thoroughly.
- Towel dry hair and comb gently.
- Dry and style as usual.
Your hair will look soft and shiny. To keep your hair looking its best, use products formulated for color-treated hair. Use a conditioner at least once a week to keep your hair beautiful and shining.