Stop Wasting Your Time – Learn How to Find The Best Sulfate Free Shampoos
How many times have you searched for lists of the best shampoos online? Once? Three times? I too have done it before and realised that there is really not much to gain from it. Why? Because those ‘list of the best’ articles are subjective. There is no way in the world that everybody will agree that a particular item is the best among the rest, especially when there are lots of items involved. This can only happen if it involves very few items and very few people.
For example, do a search on google for the top smartphones and see what comes up. Click on the first website and look at their list. Compare it with the list on the second website and see what comes up. Notice how different it is? The same happens for shampoos and other products. It’s simple… What may be the best sulfate free shampoo to me may not be to you. What may work well for me may not for you. What then should you do?
What you should be looking for is how to find the best ones by yourself and not an already made list. Although I will keep updating this blog with lists of the best shampoos, I want to teach you how to find them yourself.
How to Find The Best Sulfate Free Shampoos
I recommend you start from Amazon. They are the largest online store so they will have the highest amount of shampoos for sale. They also have the best prices on shampoos and offer free shipping too.
- Go to Amazon.
- Start narrowing the products according to the ones you want. On the left-hand side, you will see different options:
- Hair Type (dry, oily, chemically treated, and normal hair)
- Hair Care Attribute (color protecting, curl defining, extra body, leave-in, moisturizing, shine enhancing, smoothing, straightening)
- Attribute (aromatherapy, natural, cruelty-free, unscented, travel size, organic, hypoallergenic)
- Features: This part has the highest number of options to choose from. Just choose the one that suits you, e.g ‘colour treated’ for color – treated hair, ‘damaged’, ‘cleansing’, etc.
Tip: If you are looking for a shampoo for a hair style e.g wavy or curly hair, use the search bar at the top. Just type in “wavy hair”, “curly hair”, etc.
- On the left-hand side, you will see an option to sort the shampoos according to the average customer reviews. The highest rated sulfate free shampoos are more likely to be the best since they were rated by people who have used them. Therefore, you will want to select ’4 stars and up’ under the average customer reviews options.
- Select any one listed at the top, preferably any of the first three.
- If there are any customer reviews on it, read them. They will help you make the final decision. If there aren’t any, you can ask a question about that particular shampoo in an online forum. You will usually get a reply within 24 hours. You can also ask a friend about it.
What You Should Avoid
After sorting the shampoos according to the features you want, avoid sorting according to price and brand. This will limit the amount of shampoos you can choose from. Also, the best sulfate free shampoo for you may not fall within the price range you select. It also may not come from your favourite brand. As a result, you may miss it.